Peshawari Namkeen Gosht Recipe
Peshawari Namkeen Gosht is very famous amongst the meat lovers in Pakistan due to its ultimate delicious taste with just few ingredients. Peshawari Namkeen Gosht belongs to the Khyber Pakthunkhwa, north, tribal region and its adjoining regions such as Afghanistan and central Asia where meat dishes are enjoyed a lot. Mainly in Peshawar and surrounding areas, freshly slaughtered lamb cooked with salt, pepper and ginger offers tender bite of the meat with its own fat.
Peshawari Namkeen Gosht INGREDIENTS
- Beef/mutton 1/2 kg
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 4 to 5 green chillies (2 tbsp, chopped)
- 1 diced tomato
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp, lemons juice
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
Peshawari Namkeen Gosht PREPARATION
- Use a wok to heat ½ cup oil and put 1 tablespoon ginger and 2 tablespoon green chillies in heated oil to fry for a minute.
- Add meat, salt, tomato, black pepper, lemon juice and stir to combine for a few minutes on medium high heat. Do not over heat for long time as it will dry the meat juice.
- Seal the pot and let the meat cook for about 30-40 minutes on low medium heat until meat become tender and falling off the bones.
- You must slow cook the meat and only add a little water when required to complete the cooking process.
- When Namkeen Gosht is ready, transfer to the serving dish or bowl.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, green chilli and lemon wedges.
- Serve Peshawari Namkeen Gosht with hot tandoori roti or naan along with Dipitt Chilli Garlic Sauce or Dipitt Chipotle Chutney for an ultimate savory delight.