Fried Chicken Recipe
When it comes to the best dinner recipe, nothing can beat the fried chicken recipe. It is one of the most delicious recipes, which has a crispy piece of finger-licking fried chicken recipe.
Southern Fried Chicken Recipe, commonly known as the fried chicken, is one of the most popular dishes in the world. This is a dish that has several chicken pieces coated with flour-battered, pan-fried, or pressure-fried chicken wings. The coating adds crispiness and crust to the fried chicken recipe. The exterior of the chicken becomes crispy and hard. However, the interior of the fried chicken recipe remains juicy and tender.
Though it might seem intimidating to try a chicken recipe, the process is straightforward and simpler. If you have never tried cooking fried chicken, maybe now is the time to make the perfect fried chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Fried Chicken Recipe
- cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Chicken pieces – 2-3 large chicken pieces (1-3 pounds each)
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
Directions for Cooking Fried Chicken Recipe
- Preparation of Spices: You must mix all the spices in a large bowl. In a big shallow dish, you should combine all the spices, flour, garlic, etc. In another bigger bowl, beat the eggs and water ½ teaspoon water together. Then, you should add 1 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/3 flour cup along with ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Once both the bowls are ready, prepare chicken for the process. Wash the chicken, drain all the excess water by rubbing the towel and place all the pieces of chicken in a bowl.
- Now, dip the chicken in a bowl of the egg mixture. Chicken should incorporate the entire mixture. Afterward, place the chicken in the flour mixture and turn the chicken pieces upside down. Repeat the same process twice. This is how; you will coat the chicken pieces.
- While you coat the chicken, heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer pan. Pour 3-4 pieces of chicken at a time or depending on how much the pan can take. You can fry several chicken pieces at a time. Change the sides of the chicken until they turn golden brown. During this time, insert the thermometer. The thermometer should read “165 degrees”. Give 7-8 minutes to each side, and drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
- Chicken fried pieces are ready.
Serving the Chicken:
You can serve fried chicken pieces hot. They are preferred with hot spicy tomato ketchup and coleslaw. You can also serve gingerbread or regular bread. Mostly, people prefer to eat it with pieces of bread.
We recommend you use neutral oils such as canola oil or other vegetable oils. Most chefs soak the chicken in buttermilk before frying it. So, you can also try the trick.